16/12/2014

Luna Bitchcat.

I'll start by saying one of my favorite books of all time is Marley and Me. I know people laugh at that, they've seen the film, know the gist and say oh yeah, that's sad but really its one of your favorite books? But its just so beautiful. Its an ordinary family with their kids and their pets and their lives were so beautiful and blessed that i get a warm teary feeling every time i read it.
Maybe its because, as an animal lover i can relate. But i really seriously can.
Five years ago we got a dog, Ally, though i use the term dog loosely, shes more like a really big hamster. She runs around a lot, she eats a lot. She likes to sit directly on top of you and she would probably sew her skin to ours if she could, But doglike things? Like chasing, fetching, barking even? Nope she fails at all of those. She does strop if you keep her awake to late though. Like i said, shes a very large hamster really with a serious love of ALL humans.




Then we added a cat, the tiniest little black kitten that grew up to be like the Anna Wintour of cats. Luna. She had the most amazing attitude. She was 95% bitch, she hated everyone and everything almost, although she did like her two adult humans and the dog, plastic carrier bags, cheese and onion crisps and anything she could pounce on.
But she was my cat. My awesome, bitchy, beautiful, homicidal cat that i adored. My bitchcat.
On Saturday she died. We don't know exactly how. I definitely don't know why. But i do know this, I've cried a lot of tears for my bitchy little furball and the house absolutely feels wrong without her awesome presence. I still think i need to let her in twenty times a day, I keep forgetting I don't need to feed her anymore and every time I find another black hair on my clothes, I cry. Pets are awesome, they are literally way better than most humans, They have the best personalities and they show the most devotion.
This ones a short post, but Luna was a legend, she absolutely deserved a mention here. I know shes totally tearing the party up and scaring the shit of everyone, Wherever shes moved on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment